2. What information do we collect and why?
When you use our bot:
- We ask for information related to your immigration process, such as your name, email address, age, gender, country of origin, citizenship and current residence, legal status in Canada, educational background, employment information, language proficiency, family information, annual income, criminal record, health condition and other related information.
- To use or otherwise access our bot, you will need to log into your Facebook account. Facebook may give us automatic access to certain personal information associated with your Facebook account, such as your name, date of birth, gender, email address and location information.
- You may also generate or otherwise provide other content on the bot. If you give us personal information about someone else, you should inform them how we collect, use and disclose their personal information.
- We use this information to assist you with your immigration process to Canada, such as checking your eligibility and calculating your score for certain visa or immigration programs. Also, this information allows us to give you access to our services, to contact you and to provide you with advertising and relevant information.
When you register for an account with us on our platform:
For Immigration Lawyers
For Immigration Applicants
- If you are an immigration lawyer, we ask for information such as your name, photo, email address, phone number and social media accounts. We also ask for job-related information such as your position, company name, and location, law society membership, types of services provided and pricing standards.
- To use our booking system, you need to us give the authorization to access certain information in your calendar, such as Google, iCalendar, and Outlook calendar, and we collect your available time slots. We also collect your payment information, such as your bank account details, and information about your appointments booked on our platform, such as client name, duration, and revenue.
- We use this information to give you access to our platform and booking system, create a profile for you, add you into our platform and thus allow immigration applicants to search and contact you), provide payment processing services, improve our services and contact you for advertising and relevant information.
Information we may collect otherwise
- If you are an applicant, we ask for personal information such as your name, photo, email address, age, gender, country of birth and citizenship, address, phone number, social media accounts, educational background, employment information, language proficiency and family information.
- If you book appointments on our platform, we also ask for your payment information, such as your credit card details. We use Stripe, a third-party service provider, for payment processes and we do not store your credit card information. We collect your appointment details, such as lawyer information, appointment duration and price, and information about your application, such as your uploaded documents and application progress.
- We use this information to give you access to our platform and booking system, create a profile for you, provide payment processing services, improve our services and contact you for advertising and relevant information.
- When you register for an account with us using the third-party account, such as Facebook and Google account, such third-party sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information associated with your account, such as your name and email address.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to our survey or otherwise communicating with us, we may collect information from you such as your name, contact information and other details.
- We use this information to give you access to our service, to contact you and to improve our service and maintain client relationship.
3. How do we protect your information?
Destin AI takes the security of your personal information very seriously, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. However, we do take serious measures to minimize risks:
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities.
- We implement a number of security measures such as user authentication and traffic encryption using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- In general, we have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information that we collect from you.
4. How long do we retain your information?
In general, we keep your information collected through the Service throughout your relationship with us, meaning that we retain your information as long as you have an account with us. If you have no account with us but have provided your information on our bot, we retain your information for a reasonable period of time for business-related reasons. The specific retention times can vary significantly, depending on the type and context of the Services and on applicable legal obligation, such as mandatory data retention laws.
If you terminate your account with us, we generally keep your information for legitimate business purposes, such as to improve our Services, and to comply with the law, except where you request to delete your information (see Section 7 listed below).
5. When and why do we share your personal information?
Destin AI highly respects the confidentiality of your personal information, and we do not sell or trade your personal information unless we obtain your consent. However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In the following situations, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If you are an applicant or bot user, we may share your information with immigration lawyers registered on our platform. The lawyers use your information to better understand your immigration needs and legal position, thus providing you with better services.
- If you are an immigration lawyer, we may share your information with applicants registered on our platform. The applicants use your information to decide which lawyers they would like to hire.
- We may share your information with third-party service providers and financial institutions who use your information to provide payment processing services (such as Stripe and Paypal) and to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts.
- Where required by law enforcement or other legal proceedings, we may disclose your information to respond to lawful court orders or to conform to legal requirements.
- Your personal information may be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, reorganization or other similar transaction or proceeding. Should such an event occur, you will receive prior notification.
6. Information from cookies and similar technologies
We use above technologies for the following purposes:
- Like most site operators, we collect information ("Log Data") that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze user's interaction on our website by collecting data such as demographic information.
- to better understand your preferences based on previous or current browsing activity and to provide you with improved services.
- to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- to facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and website searches.
Do Not Track signals and third-party behavioral tracking:
We honor Do Not Track signals and other similar "blockers" for cookies and advertisements. It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
7. Control over your personal information
The provision of all information mentioned in Section 2 is voluntary (though may be necessary to use our service).
We understand that you have rights over your personal information and we take reasonable steps to allow you to access, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information. You can see, review, and change most of your information by signing into your account. If you have no account with us, you may request to access, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information by contacting us directly (see Section 12 below). Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information as soon as reasonably possible, based on technology capacity and in accordance with legal requirements.
8. Third-party privacy practices
Occasionally, at our discretion, the Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites and/or include or offer third-party products or services. These third-party websites and services are governed by their own privacy policies. Destin AI, therefore, takes no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties; we encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
9. Automated decision-making
Destin AI uses certain artificial intelligence algorithms on our bot or other Services, where some degree of automated decision-making may occur. For example, we use automated decision-making to calculate your score for certain immigration programs. Many of such algorithms are not fully automated and may include some level of human intervention.
10. International Users
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in Canada or another country in which Destin AI, lawyers and applicants registered on our platform, or our service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions where laws governing data collection and use may differ from Canadian law, please note that we may transfer your information to a country that does not have the same data protection laws your jurisdiction.
12. Contact Us